Salted Egg Prawn
Nowadays you see a lot of Salted Egg used as a flavour on dishes, like crab, chicken, vegetables, waffles, even potato chips and French fries. It’s like the new bacon where you can put it in everything and it will taste even better, just the salty eggy, gritty texture is something to crave for. Now if you love prawns and salted egg yolk then better check this out, how about a dish prepared with these two ingredients? It’s delicious, paired with some plump juicy fresh prawns, this thing is something to die for. Have you tried any salted egg dishes out there? If yes what are they and do you like it?
- Season prawns in sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine flour and corn-starch on a large bowl.
- Dip each prawn into the beaten eggs then into the flour mixture. Deep fry in a 180C preheated deep fryer until prawns are cooked and golden brown, this will take around 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside cooked prawns.
- Prepare a wok, add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add the salted egg yolks, prawns, butter and curry leaves, stir fry until fragrant. Toss to completely coat the prawns with the sauce, serve.