Sinantomas is a pork stew dish from the Quezon province prepared with Pork spareribs slowly cooked in tomato sauce, pineapple juice, soy sauce and a touch of cheese.
- 1 kg pork spareribs, cut into sections
- 2 pcs medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 large green capsicum, sliced
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato catsup
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 pcs onions, chopped
- 3 pcs tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce, plus more for seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large container combine pork spareribs, pineapple juice, soy sauce and fish sauce. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours.
- In a pot add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to sauté for 2 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Add in the pork spareribs together with the marinating juices, add the chicken stock then bring it to a boil. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, green peas, capsicum, tomato sauce and tomato catsup. Continue to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the cheese, mix with the stew and let it melt. Season with fish sauce if needed and freshly ground black pepper then serve.