- In a bowl combine 1/2 cup of flour and cornstarch together with water, egg, cayenne and salt. Whisk lightly, batter should be lumpy.
- In a separate dish put the remaining flour.
- Dredge each shrimp in the flour then into the prepared batter then fry in batches on pre heated deep fryer at 180C. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimps are golden brown and crispy.
- Place cooked shrimps in a paper towel line container to remove excess fat.
- Prepare the dip by combining the dip ingredients together then serve with crispy shrimps.