Saucy Pancit Canton is a type of stir fried noodle dish served with prawns, pork and vegetables on a bed of thick sauce. It lies somewhere between a normal Pancit Canton and Lomi where it’s not that soup nor it’s not that dry, it contains enough sauce just to bring all of those wonderful flavours.
- 500 grams fresh yellow noodles
- 150 g pork, thinly sliced
- 3 pcs kani, sliced
- 4 pcs shiitake, sliced
- 15 pcs prawns
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 3 cups prawn juice, from pounded prawn shells and heads in water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 small shallots, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges or calamansi
- Prepare fresh yellow noodles by soaking it in boiling water for a minute. Drain, rinse with cold running water then set aside.
- Place wok in a high heat, add oil, and once hot add pork then stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove from wok then set it aside.
- Add more oil if needed then sauté the shallots and garlic, add the carrots and spring onions stir fry for a minute.
- Mix the cornstarch, prawn juice, soy sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce, pour it into the wok. Bring to a boil and let the sauce thicken.
- Add the noodles and prawns, let the noodles absorb the liquid and cook for 2 minutes in high heat.
- Add the pork back in, then season with freshly ground black pepper and fish sauce.
- Place in a serving platter together with lemon wedges or calamansi slices.
sarap. saktong sakto lang kahit iniba namin ibang gulay. panalo.
Salamat sa pagsubok 🙂