Inun unan is a Filipino dish where fish and vegetables like okra, bitter gourd, eggplant and/or string beans are stewed on vinegar and spices. Similar to paksiw this Visayan version difference Inun unan is spiced primarily with ginger and only fish can be used, paksiw can be cooked with other meats like pork
- 2 pcs milkfish, scaled and sliced into 1.5-inch section
- 3 pcs Asian eggplants
- 12 pcs okra, trimmed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 1 thumb sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 6 pcs long green or red chillies
- 1 cup cane vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp whole peppercorn
- Arrange everything in a pot, cover then turn heat on, slowly bring it to a boil then once its boiling lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off then serve. Best enjoyed in room temperature.