Hinalog na Manok
Hinalog na Manok is a dish inspired by three popular Filipino Chicken dishes, the tinola, sinampalukan and afritada. Ginger, chilli leaves and papaya came from tinola; the sinigang mix comes from sinampalukan; and the garlic, onions and tomato paste came from afritada. It may sound like a barrage of flavours but it tastes great, mildly spicy, slightly herbal with freshness from tamarind and ginger. I guess this will a be more effective chicken soup compared to the traditional ones specially with that heat from the hot sauce, it will definitely make you sweat.
- In a pot add oil then brown chicken pieces. Remove the chicken then set aside.
- Add the garlic, ginger and onions, sauté in low heat for two minutes.
- Add the tomato paste then continue to sauté for a minute.
- Add the chicken back together with the sriracha, pour enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the papaya then continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chilli leaves then simmer for 2 more minutes, season with fish sauce and white pepper then serve.