Minanok is a type of Filipino soup dish prepared with beef slowly simmered in a satueed garlic, onion and ginger stock served with green leafy vegetables and potatoes.
- 1 1/2 kg beef ribs
- 2 large potato, cut into cubes
- 1 large bunch mustard leaves
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb sized ginger, thinly sliced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season beef ribs with salt.
- In a soup pot heat oil then lightly brown beef ribs, remove from the pot then set aside.
- Using the same pot sauté garlic, onions and ginger.
- Add the beef ribs back then pour enough water just to barely cover the meat. Bring to a boil then simmer in low heat then cook for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add the potatoes then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and lots of freshly ground black pepper, add the mustard leaves and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Turn heat off then serve.