Kalderetang Batangas is a type of Kaldereta a Filipino Style Beef Stew where beef is usually simmered in tomato sauce, this type of kaldereta does not but instead it is cooked in a normal beef stock with liver spread, cheese, peanut butter and pickle relish.
- 1 1/2 kg meaty beef neck bones and/ribs, cut into sections
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 small can Reno Liver Spread
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup Pickle Relish
- 1 cup grated Cheese
- 2 heaping tbsp peanut butter
- 2–4 red birds eye chillies, sliced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- black pepper
- On a pot, heat oil and sauté garlic until crispy golden brown. Remove from pot then set it aside.
- Place onions on the pot and sauté until soft.
- Add beef / mutton and brown on all sides.
- Add beef stock and bay leaves, bring to a boil.
- Add the liver spread, Worcestershire sauce and pickle relish then simmer for 1½ hour in very low heat or until meat is tender, add water if needed.
- Add peanut butter then continue to simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Add cheese, bird’s eye chillies and capsicum then simmer for additional 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes then season with freshly ground pepper and salt. Top with the fried garlic then serve.