Braised Beef Brisket with Daikon is a type of Asian Braised Beef dish where beef and daikin radish is slowly simmered in soy sauce, hoising sauce, fish sauce and infused with citrus rinds and ginger.
- 800 g Beef Brisket, Stewing Beef or Chuck Steak, cubed
- 1 pc medium daikon radish, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tsp orange rind, finely grated
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger, sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- On a wok add peanut oil, bring the heat to high then brown the beef on all sides
- Add ginger and garlic and stir fry with beef.
- Add Chinese Wine, Water and Beef Stock bring to a boil.
- Add Fish Sauce, Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Sugar, Five Spice, Lemon Rind and Orange Rind.
- Cover the wok and simmer for 45 minutes on low heat, add water if necessary
- Add daikon radish and sesame oil simmer for additional 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Serve on steaming hot rice and top with spring onions.