Spiced Chicken, Spinach & Sweet Potato is a simple dish of chicken, spinach and sweet potatoes cooked in a tomato based sauce infused with paprika, ginger, preserved lemons and chillies.
- 1 1/2 kg chicken thighs
- 3 pcs sweet potatoes, cubed
- 200 g spinach
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 2 preserved lemons, deseeded and chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season chicken pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a large pot heat oil then brown chicken pieces. Remove chicken then set it aside.
- In the same pan sauté garlic, onion, ginger and chillies.
- Add the paprika, tomatoes in can, chicken stock, preserved lemons and chicken, bring it to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes in medium high heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes then simmer in medium high heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the spinach, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.