Broccolini Mushroom Stir Fry is a simple dish of stir fried broccolini and shiitake mushrooms in garlic and shallots seasoned with soy sauce, it may sound simple but this packs a lot of flavour, from the nutty broccolini, earthy shiitake and savoury soy sauce it has the most important taste covered, the umami.
- 300 g broccolini
- 200 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 pcs dried chillies, sliced
- 2 tbsp black vinegar
- 3 tbsp mushroom soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- peanut oil
- Blanch broccolini in boiling water for 2 minutes, remove from pot then put it in a cold bath. Set broccolini aside.
- In a wok heat peanut oil then sauté garlic, shallots and spring onions.
- Add shiitake mushrooms then continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chillies then continue to sauté for a minute.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and water then the broccolini, toss to coat.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt then drizzle sesame oil on top. Turn off heat then serve.
Broccolini has wonderful flavor, doesn’t it? And it’s terrific in a stir-fry. Particularly with mushrooms — mushrooms seem a necessity in a stir-fry, at least to me. This looks really good — thanks.
Best side dish I have seen in a while. I bet it is full of flavors. And I love more exotic veggies and I have black vinegar at home! Fried up mushrooms like that, the best.
This is the perfect time of year for this dish. I’m starting to see this young broccoli at the market. Great combination of flavors! Can’t wait to make this.