Maple, Bacon and Sesame Chicken as the name suggests is a type of baked chicken basted in bacon oil and maple syrup then coated with toasted sesame seeds.
- In a pan cook bacon over medium heat until golden brown and crispy. Remove from pan then set it aside, reserve the rendered oil.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper, set it aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce. Mix well until free of lumps then add the reserved bacon oil, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, maple syrup and brown sugar, combine it well. Set this aside this will be your basting sauce.
- Place in a 190C preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. As it cooks after the first 10 minutes completely baste the chicken with the sauce repeat this every 5 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Remove from oven then coat with toasted sesame seeds and sprinkle with crispy bacon bits.