Maple, Bacon and Sesame Chicken
Making a great chicken dish is not all about fried chicken, there are many ways to make something amazing out of that humble chicken leg, take our recipe for today as an example. Bacon, maple and tender juicy chicken, its everything you can ask for, a nice sweet and savoury finger food with added smokiness from bacon oil and nuttiness from sesame seeds. It’s a perfect finger snack specially when paired with your favourite ice-cold beer not all you need to find is a good game match on the telly.
- In a pan cook bacon over medium heat until golden brown and crispy. Remove from pan then set it aside, reserve the rendered oil.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper, set it aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce. Mix well until free of lumps then add the reserved bacon oil, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, maple syrup and brown sugar, combine it well. Set this aside this will be your basting sauce.
- Place in a 190C preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. As it cooks after the first 10 minutes completely baste the chicken with the sauce repeat this every 5 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Remove from oven then coat with toasted sesame seeds and sprinkle with crispy bacon bits.