Thai Coconut Red Curry with Prawns is a Thai dish prepared with prawns and vegetables like carrots and green beans served in a coconut curry sauce infused with red curry paste.
- 1 kg large prawns, shell and head on
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 150 g green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- juice from half lime
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only and pounded
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- Thai fish sauce
- red chillies, sliced to garnish
- coriander, to garnish
- Season prawns with salt.
- In a wok add oil then cook prawns for 2 minutes in really high heat. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Lower heat to medium add more oil if needed then sauté shallots and red curry paste, until really fragrant
- Pour the coconut milk together with the lemongrass and brown sugar. Bring heat to high and let it boil for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the diluted cornstarch, add in the green beans and carrot then continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns then cook for 2 more minutes. Pour the coconut cream at the end.
- Season with fish sauce and lime juice, garnish with coriander and red chillies then serve.