Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms is a simple stir fried dish of bok choy and shiitake mushrooms with garlic and shallots seasoned with soy sauce.
- 1 large pack baby bok choy, cleaned and cut in half
- 7 pcs dried shiitake, rehydrated and sliced
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- peanut oil
- Heat oil using high heat in a wok, then stir fry and cook the shiitake mushrooms for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and shallots then stir fry until fragrant and garlic turns light brown.
- Add the baby bok choy, pour the soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine and sugar then continue to stir fry for 2 minutes or until bok choy is cooked and wilted. Season with freshly ground black pepper then serve.