Plum Sauce Chicken
You thought you had tried all of the marinating and basting sauces you can possibly try on your chicken, well think again because I am pretty much sure a lot of you out there haven’t tried plum sauce yet, I too had just recently learned about this sauce. If that statement is correct then you are lucky because you can try it out now using this recipe, a sweet, savoury, spicy with a bit of kick from the chillies, this chicken dish is something to die for. The plums give it a really nice fruity sweet flavour while helping the chicken in tenderizing it giving it a nice all-around texture. Like honey soy chicken this dish is a crowd please so make sure when you serve it to your guest add to your ingredients list lots of paper towels as it can really get messy.
- 10 pcs chicken drumsticks
- toasted sesame seeds
- spring onions, sliced
- red chillies, sliced
- Using a fork pork your chicken drumsticks all-over.
- In food processor or blender combine all sauce ingredients then puree to have a smooth sauce. Place in a zip lock bag together with chicken drumsticks, let it marinate for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator one hour before cooking, reserve the marinating liquid from the zip lock bag.
- Place chicken in a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking tray then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked occasionally basting every 10 minutes with the leftover sauce from the zip lock bag and drippings.
- Remove from oven serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds, spring onions and chillies.