Plum Sauce Chicken is a Chicken dish roasted while continuously basted on a sauce made with pureed plums, sugar, soy sauce and Hoisin sauce
- 10 pcs chicken drumsticks
- toasted sesame seeds
- spring onions, sliced
- red chillies, sliced
- Using a fork pork your chicken drumsticks all-over.
- In food processor or blender combine all sauce ingredients then puree to have a smooth sauce. Place in a zip lock bag together with chicken drumsticks, let it marinate for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator one hour before cooking, reserve the marinating liquid from the zip lock bag.
- Place chicken in a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking tray then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked occasionally basting every 10 minutes with the leftover sauce from the zip lock bag and drippings.
- Remove from oven serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds, spring onions and chillies.