Smothered Okra with Shrimp & Crabmeat is a Creole style dish of okra, crab meat and shrimps cooked in tomatoes,herbs and spices like cayenne, paprika, celery, thyme and oregano.
- 800 g okra
- 400 g prawns
- 300 g crab meat
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green capsicum, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot add oil then sauté garlic, onions, capsicum and celery until onions are soft.
- Add the okra together with paprika, cayenne, oregano and thyme.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, bring to a boil then simmer while covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and prawns, you might need to add a splash of water then continue to simmer for 5 more minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt, turn off heat then serve.