Smoked Salmon in Tomato and Caper Sauce
What’s better than a Salmon cooked in a rich chunky tomato sauce? Well its Smoked Salmon cooked in a rich chunky tomato sauce! Adding that smoked factor gives this dish more life and tons of flavour. I usually cook this using fresh salmon but one day one of our friends brought over some smoked salmon steaks and I don’t know where to use it so I cooked it this way instead and since then I was changed and will definitely not use fresh salmon on this dish anymore, it just gives a lot of life to this dish. How about you how would you use whole smoked salmon steaks?
- In a pan, add olive oil then sauté garlic and onions until onions are soft.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and basil, cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Pour the Italian style chopped tomatoes, dried oregano and capers then bring it to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes covered.
- Season sauce with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Place salmon in an oven proof dish then pour chunky tomato sauce on top, place in a 230C preheated oven then bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven then serve immediately.