Chicken and Asparagus Risotto is a type of risotto prepared with chicken, asparagus, white wine and lots of parmesan cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 350 g skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into pieces
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock (homemade or good quality commercial)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan + more depending on your preference
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly season chicken pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a wide pan heat olive oil and butter, add the chicken and brown it on all sides. Remove the chicken then set aside.
- Add and sauté shallots and garlic in low heat until shallots are soft.
- Add the rice then continue to cook for a minute while constantly stirring, add the wine and let it reduce.
- Gently ladle chicken stock one scoopful at a time until all liquid is absorbed by the rice, this will take roughly around 12 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and chicken back then continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes, add more stock if needed.
- Remove from heat then stir in some parmesan before serving. Season with salt if needed and freshly ground black pepper then serve.