Clams Casino Crostini is a type of crostini inspired by a dish called clams casino, similar to baked tahong where clams are served on the half shell prepared and baked to golden perfection with other ingredients, in this case breadcrumbs and bacon.
- 24 pcs clams, steamed, shells discarded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 strips steaky bacon, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 baguette, toasted and sliced
- 2 pcs shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground pepper
- sea salt
- extra-virgin olive oil
- basil leaves
- In a pan add a bit of olive oil and brown bacon pieces. Remove bacon then set it aside.
- Using the same pan add butter then sauté shallots and garlic in low heat, cook shallots until soft. Add the oregano, parsley and chopped clams. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the bacon and the tomatoes then set it aside.
- Prepare a baking tray, place your sliced baguettes. Top it with a good spoonful of the clam and bacon mixture, place in the oven then broil until top looks crisp, around 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven then serve topped with basil leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.