Lawot Lawot is a Cebuano dish of mixed vegetables in a viscous broth made with coconut milk, the broth is usually thickened by vegetables like okra, loofa and other slimy leafy vegetables
- 150 g pork belly, cubed
- 300 g okra, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ squash or buttercup, sliced roughly 1 inch
- 1 large bunch spinach (large leaf type) or alugbati
- 2 bunches kangkong, tender stalks and leaves only
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp bagoong alamang
- fish sauce or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions
- Add pork pieces and brown evenly.
- Add the bagoong alamang and stir fry for a minute
- Pour the coconut milk and add the squash and okra, bring to a boil then simmer for 8 minutes
- Pour the coconut cream then add the kangkong and spinach then cook for 3 more minutes.
- Season with pepper add fish sauce/salt if needed.