Steamed Broccoli with Olive Oil, Garlic and Lemon
Don’t you hate a simple steamed broccoli served just with salt? I bet you when its served to you the feeling would be similar to you lying on a hospital bed served with a fat free, low sodium, high fibre diet. But don’t worry you can still have a better tasting broccoli that is still hospital approved, thanks to lemon and garlic which gives it more life, not sure of the olive oil though but I guess in moderation I think it’s all fine.
So, if you are looking for a simple side dish that is tasty, healthy and preparation is next to nothing then this is it.
- 1 large broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice from half lemon
- sea salt
- Place your broccoli in a steamer, then steam for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile on the side, heat up a pan then add the olive oil, place in low heat then cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn off steamer then turn of the heat from the pan. Drizzle lemon into the pan then season it with salt.
- Toss in broccoli making sure that it is coated well with the olive oil dressing. Place in a plate then serve.