Apan Apan is a Filipino vegetable dish made with sauteed water spinach (kangkong) seasoned with shrimp paste, soy sauce and vinegar then topped with crispy fried pork.
- 2 bunches kangkong, leaves and small stems only
- 3 cups tulapho
- 3 tbsp bagoong alamang (or guinamos)
- 1/4 cup cane vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, pounded
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- freshly ground black taste
- In a wok heat oil then sauté garlic and onion. Cook onions until soft.
- Stir in the bagoong then the vinegar, let it boil.
- Add the kangkong leaves, tulapho then stir in the soy sauce and toss, cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce if needed and freshly ground black pepper, then serve.