Aligue Rice is a type of Filipino fried rice cooked with garlic, butter and aligue or crab fat, it can be as simple as it is or you can mix different seafood in this dish to make it a complete meal.
- 4 cups cold jasmine rice
- 3 heaping tbsp aligue
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks spring onions, sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat up a wok, melt butter then sauté until golden brown in colour and fragrant.
- Add the crab fat and cook for a minute.
- Add the rice and using your ladle separate the grains and mix well making sure the crab fat is evenly distributed.
- Add the spring onions then stir fry for 5 minutes, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.