Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Soup is a soup dish prepared with chicken, ginger, scallions, black sesame oil and rice wine.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare a soup pot then add a small amount of oil, place in very high heat and wait of the pot to start smoking. Brown chicken pieces on all sides in batches, set chicken aside.
- Using the same pot lower the heat to medium then add the black sesame oil together with the ginger and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back then pour in the rice wine, water and sugar. Bring it to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes covered.
- Season with fish sauce then serve garnished with spring onions.