Lemon Muffins is a type of plain muffin flavoured with lemons syrup right after baking, its sweet and citrusy, a perfect way to use those excess lemons.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- In a bowl combine together flour, baking powder and sugar
- On a separate bowl beat together egg, milk and lemon zest.
- Gently mix in the flour mixture into the milk mixture. Mix in the melted butter until well incorporated then pour into a 12-hole muffin tray and bake in a 180C preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- While waiting for the muffin combine lemon juice and white sugar together in a small sauce pan, place on stove top on low heat and heat it gently up while continuously mixing until the sugar has all melted.
- Remove the muffin from the oven then drizzle a tablespoon of the lemon sugar mixture on top, let it cool before serving.