Paneer Butter Masala is mild but flavourful Indian curry prepared with Paneer in a cream sauce infused with cashews and spices.
- 250 g fresh paneer, diced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 20 pcs cashews
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 pcs cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cream, plus more for garnishing
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1-inch ginger, pounded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pounded
- coriander leaves, chopped to garnish
- 4 tbsp butter
- In a pot add the butter then sauté onion, ginger and garlic. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes and cashews then bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling lower the heat then using a hand blender blend puree the mixture in the pot.
- Add the water red chilli powder, cardamom and bay leaf then bring it back to a boil then slowly simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the paneer and cream then cook 5 minutes.
- Add then sugar, dried fenugreek leaves and garam masala, mix and simmer for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat, serve topped with cream and chopped coriander leaves.