This Punjabi culinary delight is one of the most amazing chicken barbecue you will ever try, marinated in yoghurt yield a tender juicy texture plus it is seasoned with amazing Indian spices that gives it that great taste. Chicken Tikka traditionally is made with small boneless pieces of chicken as the word tikka means “bits” or “pieces”.
It’s essentially easy to prepare, just marinate it then grill on charcoal and once cooked if you have some leftovers (highly unlikely) then you can make some Chicken Tikka Masala out of it. Like tandoori chicken tikka is not grilled but rather baked on a tandoor but since not everyone has a tandoor at home, the next best thing is to cook it in open flame like a charcoal grill.
Like I said it’s a really nice dish, a different way to enjoy the usual chicken barbecue, the spices used on this dish gives a different flavour dimension to the ones we are all used to. Best enjoyed with naan, basmati rice and/or some curry on the side.
- 1 kg boneless chicken thigh, cut into 2-inch pieced
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water overnight
- In a food processor add all marinade ingredients then pulse to make a smooth paste.
- Place paste in a bowl then combine with yoghurt. Mix well.
- Place chicken in a big zip lock bag together with the yoghurt marinade. Mix and marinate overnight.
- Place chicken in skewers then grill on a charcoal oven until cooked. Serve garnished with coriander.