Japanese Cheesecake is a type of baked mildly sweet cheesecake prepared with meringue, egg yolks, butter and melted cream cheese.
- In a double boiler melt together cream cheese, butter and milk. Once melted mix well to incorporate then set aside and let it cool.
- Sift together dry ingredients then set aside.
- Place egg whites on a mixing bowl together with cream of tartar, whip until really fluffy. Gently add sugar while mixing and continue to beat until its shiny and until soft peaks form.
- Mix in the egg yolks and lemon juice into the Butter and Cheese Mixture then add in the sifted dry ingredients, mix well to incorporate.
- Gently fold in the Egg White Mixture to the Cheese and Flour mixture, do not over mix just do it gently.
- Place mixture in an 8-in round springform pan that is lightly greased on all sides. Bake in a water bath for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top is golden brown at 160C.
- Turn off the oven, open the oven door and let it cool in the oven while doors are opened for an hour. Chill then serve.