Vietnamese Caramel Chicken is a pan fried chicken seasoned with fish sauce then cooked in a savory sweet caramel made with palm sugar
- Marinate the chicken in the marinade ingredients for 15 minutes.
- Heat up a heavy pan in high heat, add a small amount of oil then once it starts smoking pan fry the chicken on all sides until it turns golden brown and crispy. Remove the chicken then set it aside.
- Lower the heat to medium, add more oil then sauté garlic.
- Add the water together with the sugar, fish sauce and apple cider vinegar. Bring back the chicken to the pan, put heat to low and continue to cook the chicken turning it over once in a while for 15 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the sauce becomes thicker in consistency.
- Add the finger chillies, toss it with the chicken then turn off heat and serve.