Chinese Style Beef Ribs, Sweet Potato, and Bok Choy Stew is a dish of slowly stewed beef ribs in garlic and five spice powder served with sweet potatoes.
- Season beef ribs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a large pot add oil then brown beef ribs on all sides. Remove from pot then set it aside.
- Sauté garlic and ginger, add the beef back together with the Chinese five-spice powder.
- Pour beef stock and soy sauce then pour enough water just to cover everything. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Add the sweet potatoes then continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce then add the spring onions and bok choy on top, simmer for 2 more minutes while covered then turn heat off then serve.