This Kanin Club’s Vegetarian Delight is a copy cat soup recipe made with three different mushrooms, tofu and banana blossoms flavoured with oyster sauce.
- 8 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms
- 12 pcs button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 425 g can straw mushrooms, drained and sliced in half
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup banana blossoms
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce or vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 small pcs shallots, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ground white pepper
- sea salt
- sesame oil
- In a soup pot heat oil then sauté garlic and shallots
- Pour the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and banana blossoms then let it simmer in low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the button mushrooms and straw mushrooms then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the tapioca starch, oyster sauce and dark soy sauce in water then pour it into the pot.
- Add the tofu blocks then bring heat to medium high, simmer for 5 minutes or until soup is thick.
- Season with sea salt and ground white pepper, drizzle some sesame oil on top then serve while hot.