Sinigang na Bangus sa Miso is a Fish soup dish with a distinct sour taste coming from tamarind then enhanced with miso paste.
- 2 pcs milkfish / bangus, sliced into sections
- 1 packet Tamarind Mix (Sinigang Mix)
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch mustard greens
- 2 pieces green finger chilies
- ½ cup white or yellow miso
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 litre water
- In a pot onions and tomatoes then pour water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add fish, miso and tamarind mix, simmer for 15-20 minutes (or until cooked).
- Add mustard greens and green finger chilies then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with Fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper