Pocherong Tinomas is a copy cat dish from Kanin Club prepared with tender beef ribs flavoured with Hamon then served with sweet potatoes and saba bananas
- 1 kg stewing beef or 1½ kg beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup bacon scraps or 1/2 cup cubed jamon
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, cubed and pan fried
- 4 pcs saba bananas, sliced and pan fried
- 2 bunches Bok choy
- 150 g French beans
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup Mang Tomas Sauce
- 1 litre beef stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season beef with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a pot add oil then brown beef in batches, remove from pot then set aside.
- In the same pot add then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the bacon scraps or jamon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef back then pour the beef stock. Simmer in low heat for 1 hour.
- Add the tomato paste and Mang Tomas sauce and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the French beans, sweet potatoes and saba bananas then continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then add the bok choy, turn off heat then cover for 5 minutes to cook vegetables with residual heat. Serve with rice.