- 1 kg pork chops, square-shaped, medium size
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup banana ketchup
- ½ cup lemon juice
- one head garlic, minced
- one onion, finely chopped
- one tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- Standard skewers (pack of 50)
- Slice pork meat if you haven’t got them sliced (my butcher did it for me).
- Mix everything of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the meat into the marinade making sure that each piece is coated thoroughly. Marinate for at least 10 hrs (overnight is perfect).
- Depending on the size, place 5-9 pieces of meat per skewer. (They will shrink on the heat.)
- Prepare your grill, or your grill pan, make it hot enough.
- Put the pork skewers on the grill surface and cook until it is lightly charred, and pour some marinade over. Make sure that at least some marinade is on the meat at all times. Flip the skewers 2-3 times per side until evenly grilled.
- Serve with baked potatoes and salad of your choice.