Kangkung Belachan is a Malaysian dish of simple stir fried kangkung in a sauce made with chillies and fermented shrimp paste.
- In a wok add oil then sauté shallots, garlic and ginger. Cook in low heat until shallots are soft.
- Add the dried shrimps and continue to sauté until fragrant.
- Add the sambal belachan, tamarind paste and brown sugar then continue to cook for two minutes.
- Turn heat to high then add the kangkong stalks then sprinkle a bit of water to hydrate. Stir fry for two minutes.
- Add the leaves then cook for another minute again sprinkling a bit of water to rehydrate.
- Season with fish sauce then serve hot.