Bulgogi Jungol is a Korean stew dish prepared with bulgogi, noodles, mushrooms, vegetables and tofu, usually cooked in a shallow pot
- freshly prepared or leftover bulgogi (recipe here)
- 200 g sweet potato noodles
- 200 g enoki mushrooms
- 4 pcs shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 medium carrots, julienned
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 red chilli pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into 2-inch sections
- 2 tbsp gochuang
- 2 tbsp sugar
- fish sauce
- In a large stone pot pour the beef stock, add the sugar, gochuang and season with fish sauce. Bring to a boil then bring down to simmering heat.
- Place the noodles at the bottom, top it with bulgogi, enoki mushrooms, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, tofu, red chilli pepper and spring onions.
- Bring to a slow simmer for 5 minutes or until noodles are cooked.