Seaweed Salad is a type of Japanese cold salad made with wakame seaweeds, carrots and sesame seeds dressed in miso sesame oil vinaigrette. Its crispy, slimy, sweet, savoury, definitely a delicious salad filled with tons of umami, on a simple salad like this it’s hard to believe that you will get an explosion of flavours and texture in one bite. I love enjoying this on its own but usually this is served with Japanese seafood dishes, sushi’s and sashimi.
- 50g of dried wakame seaweed, rehydrated and thinly sliced
- ½ carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp white roasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl combine all dressing ingredients, mix well.
- Toss in the rehydrated seaweeds, carrots, red chilli and sesame seeds. Distribute dressing evenly.
- Chill before serving.