Chicken Liver and Gizzard Adobo is a dish made with chicken liver and gizzard stewed in a sauce made with cane vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic.
- In a pot sauté garlic in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add chicken liver and fry until browning occurs. Remove from pot then set it aside.
- Add chicken gizzard and fry until browning occurs.
- Add ½ cup water, ½ cup vinegar, ½ cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp peppercorn, 4 bay leaves and 1 tbsp sugar then bring to a boil and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until gizzard is tender.
- Mix 1 tsp cornstarch in 4 tablespoon water then add the mixture in the pot together with the fried liver.
- Add half of the fried garlic, simmer for additional 10 minutes, reduce the liquid further if needed then serve topped with the remaining fried garlic.