Pocherong Bisaya is a soup dish of beef leg shanks, corn, saba bananas, bamboo shoots and leafy vegetables cooked in a stock enhanced by ginger & lemongrass
- 1.5 kg beef shanks, cut into sections
- 4 pcs saba bananas, sliced
- 1 cup bamboo shoots
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, cut into 3 sections
- 2 bunches bok choy
- 1 cabbage, quartered
- 4 stalks lemongrass, white parts pounded
- 6 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot boil beef shanks for 15 minutes. Drain, rinse and remove any scum.
- In a clean pot, add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and onions.
- Add the beef shanks, corn, bamboo shoots, lemongrass and salt. Pour enough water to cover the meat then bring it to a boil. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add the saba bananas, continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and spring onions, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then serve.