Spanish Chicken, Chorizo and Potato Stew is a dish of chicken, chorizo, potatoes, butter beans and capsicum slowly cooked in a tomato based sauce.
- 800 g skinless deboned chicken thigh, cubed
- 250 g Spanish chorizo sausage, cubed
- 3 pcs floury potatoes, cubed
- 400 g can chopped tomato
- 400 g can butter beans
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red capsicum, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- handful basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- baby spinach, to serve (optional)
- crusty bread, to serve
- In a pot heat olive oil then brown chicken pieces. Remove chicken from pot then set aside.
- Using the same pot add more olive oil if needed, saute garlic and onions, once onions are soft add chorizo and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chilli flakes and tomato paste then cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped basil leaves give it a mix then put back the chicken and stir in the chopped tomato, chicken stock, red capsicum, potatoes, butter beans, bay leaf and dried oregano. Bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 25 minutes. Check for liquid level once in a while and add water if necessary.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, if using baby spinach toss spinach before serving.