Japanese Cream Stew is a dish prepared with chicken, pork or fish together with broccoli, mushroom, potatoes and carrots on a creamy thick sauce.
- 700g chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 12 pcs button mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season your chicken pieces with salt and pepper, set it aside.
- On a pot add olive oil then sauté onions in medium low heat until soft.
- Add the chicken and cook until the pinkish colour has disappeared, important not to brown it.
- Add the carrots and potatoes, then continue to stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove everything from the pot then set it aside.
- Add the butter then once its melted add the flour, cook until it forms a roux.
- Gently add in the chicken stock while mixing.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms and vegetables that was set aside earlier. Simmer in low heat, mixing occasionally until potatoes are tender, this might take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and corn then pour in the cream and cream cheese, continue to cook in low heat for 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.