Chorizo, Beans and Tomato Soup is a Spanish inspired soup dish of mixed beans and tomatoes flavoured with chorizos and paprika
- 5 pcs medium sized chorizo, sliced
- 400 g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 400 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- coriander, to garnish
- In a pot add olive oil then cook chorizo slices, remove from pot then set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Add paprika and chilli flakes then continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, chopped tomatoes and chorizo, bring heat to medium-high and let it boil. Cover pot then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the butter beans and black beans, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat then serve in bowls and garnish with coriander.
This is a nice, hearty soup! It’ll soon be soup weather here — another month or so — and I can’t wait. Thanks!
A big bowl of beans is always a hit in this house and this is one scrumptious bowl of beans! Love chorizo and beans so this is a keeper!
I love chorizo, too. I’ve never had it in a soup like this.