Garlic Pepper Beef is a copycat recipe from Jollibee made with tender beef pieces drenched in a good amount of gravy sauce infused with garlic.
- 1 1/2 kg beef ribs, cut into section
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- fried garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- Generously season beef ribs with salt.
- In a large wok, add oil then sear and brown all sides of beef ribs in batches, make sure its brown seared as this gives a lot of flavour as well as colour. Set them aside.
- Prepare a pot, add the seared beef ribs together with any drippings and oil from the wok. Pour water on into the pot together with 3 tbsp of fried garlic and 1 tbsp of freshly ground black pepper then bring it to a boil, simmer in low heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Occasionally check for liquid levels and add water as necessary after an hour and a half, liquid levels should have reduced if not turn heat to high and reduce it further to roughly 3 cups.
- Dilute 2 tbsp of flour in 1/2 cup of water, pour this into the pot and continue to simmer for 15 more minutes in low heat, let the sauce thicken to gravy consistency.
- Add the butter, give it a mix then season with salt if needed and more freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat then top it with generous amount of fried garlic.