Jjigae is a Korean communal dish typically made with meat, seafood, tofu and/or vegetables seasoned with Korean condiments like gochujang and doenjang.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup of rice water, doenjang and gochujang. Mix well until even in consistency.
- Pour mixture in a pot with the remaining rice water. Place on a stove top, over high heat bring it to a boil.
- Add the beef, bring back to a boil.
- Add the onion, garlic, potato and mushroom and bring back to a boil for then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and tofu then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove from heat then serve with chopped spring onions.