Buttered Vegetables is a simple dish of steamed or boiled vegetables such as carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and peas dressed in seasoned melted butter
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup corn kernels
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Prepare a steamer and steam your vegetables. Cook to your liking, I like mine a bit crisp so I tend to undercook them.
- In a large saucepan, add the melted butter then season with salt, sugar and freshly ground black pepper. Adjust it to the saltiness and sweetness you like.
- Drop in the steamed vegetables and mix it to coat your vegetables evenly. Serve.