Perhaps this is the simplest side dish you can ever make, just choose any vegetables you like, cook them then dress with melted butter. It’s not just the simplest but it can easily accompany any dish that you can think of. There are many ways to make this dish some choose to boil, other use the microwave but for me I steam them so it does not dilute the flavour of the vegetables. I also try to season the melted butter a bit with salt, sugar and freshly ground black pepper.
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup corn kernels
- freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Prepare a steamer and steam your vegetables. Cook to your liking, I like mine a bit crisp so I tend to undercook them.
- In a large saucepan, add the melted butter then season with salt, sugar and freshly ground black pepper. Adjust it to the saltiness and sweetness you like.
- Drop in the steamed vegetables and mix it to coat your vegetables evenly. Serve.