Ginisang Sayote, Hipon at Giniling is a Filipino vegetable dish made with sauteed chayote in onions and garlic with prawns and minced meat.
- 2 large chayote, sliced
- 150 g minced beef
- 250 g prawns, shelled
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pcs small shallots, finely chopped
- fish sauce or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil then sauté shallots and garlic.
- Add and cook minced beef until its brown.
- Add chayote and stir fry for 1 minute
- Add chicken stock and pork bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until chayote is tender.
- Add the prawns and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce/sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.