Hawaiian Style Macaroni Salad is a type of macaroni salad made out of macaroni pasta dressed in mayonnaise milk dressing.
- 500 g elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pickled onions, grated
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl mix together 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup mayonnaise, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Combine well then set aside.
- In a large pot prepare enough boiling water for cooking the macaroni. Cook macaroni according to packet instructions plus two minutes together with 1 tbsp of salt. Your aiming for a slightly overcooked pasta. Drain pasta then place back into the pot, pour in the vinegar then mix well.
- Let pasta cool a little bit, once pasta is warm not cold pour the milk mayonnaise mixture, mix it well then place in the refrigerator to completely cool down.
- Add the pickled onions, carrots, celery, remaining 1/2 cup milk, remaining 1 cup mayonnaise, mix it well then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.