Chicken Wings and Bean Stew is a Mexican inspired dish of chicken wings cooked with red kidney beans and butter beans on a chilli cumin spiced tomato based sauce.
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 2 400 g cans chopped tomato
- 1 400 g can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 400 g can butter beans, drained
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot add oil then brown chicken pieces on all sides
- Set aside the chicken, add oil if needed then sauté garlic, onion and celery.
- Stir in the capsicum, chilli powder, cumin and paprika then continue to cook until onions are soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, browned chicken and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste red kidney beans and butter beans, simmer for 10 more minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.