Rabo Encendido is a Cuban dish of oxtails cooked slowly with capsicums, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and onions spiced with allspice, nutmeg and chillies.
- 1 1/2 kg oxtails
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 large white onions, chopped
- 1 large green capsicum, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large carrots, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- Brown oxtails in olive oil, set aside
- Sauté onion, garlic, chilli flakes, carrots, green capsicum and red capsicum for 2 minutes.
- Pour white wine, chopped tomatoes and beef broth
- Add allspice, nutmeg, cayenne, bay leaves, salt and oxtails, bring to a boil
- Cover pot then simmer in low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes then continue to simmer for 1 more hour. Serve.